Why You Should be a Soul Winner
1. Because Jesus commands it:
2. To the church, and also the individual Christian:
Mark 16:15 “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”
3. Because we are to be “Christ like” . Christian means:little Christians, and He “came to seek the lost”. He was a constant soul winner, wherever He went, wherever He met people, He would preach the Gospel to them.
Luke 19:10 “For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
Luke 5:32 “I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
4. This is the Mission of the Church. The Church is to help us grow in grace, and to Evangelize the world. The Anti Christ is coming, the Great Tribulation is coming! We need to warn people.
There are over 7 Billion people, that is enough!
5. And the main reason? Because there is a HELL! Every person has Hell waiting at the end of their life if they are not born again. Sad to say. Because only one sin in your entire life will take you there, and ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
6. No matter how rich, successful. No matter if they are a barber or own a bank. No matter if they live on the street, or live in a Mansion, they will goo to Hell when they die if someone does not tell them how to be born again, and they repent and get saved!
7. And Hell is forever!!! There is no second chance.
Mark 9:47 “And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:”
Jesus is saying , do not let anything stop you from being saved from Hell. Be willing to give up anything if it is keeping you from getting saved. I have heard of men that run a saloon, a bar . they knew that if they got saved, they would have to got saved, they would have to stop selling liquor and beer, so they let that stop them. They did not realize they were slaves to sin, and Jesus would set them free, and give them peace and joy. They loved their sin more.
Hell is a horrible place or torments, with real fire, real smoke.
Luke 16:23 “And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. This man , Jesus said, is being tortured. Why? Because he rejected the free pardon of Christ, or never heard about it.
Pride will take most people to Hell. They refuse to admit they are a sinner and need a Savior.
Luke 10:15 “And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.”
We do not think God is serious about judging and punishing sin. He even punished the Angels that sinned!
2 Peter 2:4 “For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;”
Revelation 14:11 “And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”
Millions of people around you will take the Mark of the Beast, the sign of loyalty to the coming world dictator, the coming Antichrist.
The bible says if you do not receive the truth now, and get saved, but reject and put it off, you will be deceived and damned later and worship the antichrist.
2 Thessalonians 2:8 “8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, (the wicked one is the antichrist) whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, (He will work fake miracles to deceive people into thinking he is from God)
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (You see , they rejected the truth over and over and put off getting saved)
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”
That person will be damned, sad to say,
8. The church is not here for singing, fellowship, or a social club. IT IS HERE TO PULL SOULS OUT OF THE FIRES OF HELL!
9. If you stop being a church that evangelizes, you will turn into nothing but a social club centered around fellowship, You will have many activities, but still be in rebellion against God.
10. The person who does not obey this simple basic command is not qualified to teach a class, or sing a song at the church. You must obey in order for the Spirit of God to bless you.
11. It is like a fire station filled with firemen. There job is to put out fires. They may polish and clean the firetruck, cook, attend classes, do many things. BUT WHAT IS THERE JOB?
TO PUT OUT FIRES!
12. What if the firemen said, “oh, I clean things, or I cook. It is someone else’s job to put out fires.” NO. And the same is true in the church. It is your purpose, your mission, in fact, your life, to win souls, and evangelize the lost people all around you.
It is not just the Pastor’s job, or the missionaries job, or the Evangelist’s job. It is YOUR main ministry.
13. A soul winner is a WISE person.
Proverbs 11:30 “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.”
A wise person lives their life with eternity in sight. How will this look when I get judged by Jesus.
The main characteristic to look for in a leader, whether it is a Pastor, a Sunday School teacher, a deacon, is :
“Are the a faithful soul winner”? It does no good if your Pastor can preach a great message every time, if the members of the church do not get saved, and die and go to Hell. Can your neighbor depend on you to get the message to them, that will keep them out of Hell.?
That is a wise person.
14. Winning souls can prolong judgment from God.
A Nation may be so full of sin, that God is ready to send judgment on them, but a saved praying little group, a remnant, can save a country and God can show mercy. Abraham did this with Sodom and Gomorrah. God was willing to spare them from judgment if there were only 10 righteous people, because of Abraham’s prayers.
Genesis 18:20 “And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.
23 ¶ And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty’s sake.
30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty’s sake.
32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten’s sake.”
Unfortunately , Lot was not a soul winner, there were not even 10 saved people in all Sodom and Gomorrah.
A soul winner carries Gospel tracts and gives them to everty body they can. A soul winneer prays for Goiod to lead and make opportunities to witness.
A soul winner prays f0or boldness, and the filling of the Holy Spirit. Paul asked for prayer for a “door of utterance” for himself.
Epheisans 6:18- “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 ¶ And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.”
I pray for the love of God, for fire, for wisdom to witness, for boldness, for the lord to give me Devine apppointments every day.
Are you a soul winner?