For Someone Who Just Got Saved
If you just asked Jesus Christ to come into your heart, congratulations, you are a Born Again Christian now, and you have eternal life. (If you repented from your sins, had a change of heart about how you were living, and turned to Christ by faith, asking for Him to have mercy on you and wash away your sins with the blood He shed on the cross. If you did this your life will change dramatically. If there is no change, you dd not get saved.)
1. You are a NEW creature. God changed the inside of you, forever. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” All born again Christians get saved the same way. All Born Again Christians have a change in there life when they get saved.
Did your life change?
1. You should have an eternal dislike for things that God says are sinful. You will still sin, but you do not want to . You get a new “wanter”.
2. As soon as you realize you have done something in your life that god says is wrong, you should stop it, and ask God to forgive you. If you stole, you should steal no more., Etc. If you drink alcohol or take drugs, you should stop doing it, and keep stopping, as many times as it takes to get this sinful habit out of your life. Pray for god to deliver you and keep you from temptation.
Ephesians 4:28 ” Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.”
You see that it says you should work to earn money to pay your bills. that is God’s plan. He even says that if you “will not work” you should not eat. 2Thessalonians3 :10 “For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.”
If you try to find a job, and can not, find something to do for free until you can find work, like work at a food pantry.
3. Get baptized in deep water at a Fundamental Baptist Church. Acts 2:41 “Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.” There are no babies in the whole bible baptized. You must repent and believe the gospel to be saved, and baptism is just a symbol that you believe Jesus died for you sins, was buried, and arose from the dead. Even so, you, when you are scriptually baptized, you are dunked under the water, a type of death, a burial, and raised up out of the water , like Jesus was raised form the dead. Sprinkling a baby is just something some church denomination made up, it is not taught in the bible.
4. Mentioning the bible, get a KJV1611 in English and start reading it every day, all you life. Do not use other versions, bible publishers have changed the Word of God in other versions, and made it seem like Jesus id not god, and many other things that are not true. What is not true is called heresy. You will find that many “profess ” they are Christians, but there life does not show that. Just because a building has services and a cross on it, does not mean they are teaching the truths of god. Satan, areal spirit, has false churches and false preachers. The Bible says to try the Spirits. See if it is teaching the truth.
1John 4:1 “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.”
Start going to a good Bible preaching Baptist church, an Independent fundamental one if you can find one in your city. Look for one that has the old hymns to sing, and goes soul winning and supports missionaries. That church is fulfilling Jesus’s command to take the gospel to every creature.
There are many things to learn, being a new christian. Most churches have Sunday school in the morning around 10 AM, followed by a preaching service, and then one at night around 6 PM. They also have what is called a “Midweek” service where they pray and have a preaching service. go to all the services you can.
5. Your devotions. You should start systematically reading you Bible and praying every day. Make a list of people, preachers, and things to pray for. Be faithful, every day. Start telling people abut your faith in Christ, learn to witness, to tell others about how you got saved, and how they can.
Evangelist Steve Morris