ARE THE SCRIPTURES THE AUTHORITY IN YOUR LIFE?
The Word of God is unchanging, and powerful. They apply to your current life circumstances as well as applied to those who lived thousands of years ago (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 19.7-11; Isa. 55:11; 1 Peter 1:24-25 Heb 4:12).
The Word of God is:
A. Permanent and eternal Isa. 40:8
It will be completely fulfilled. The Word of God will remain forever. It lasts forever.
B. It is inspired by God to train and equip 2 Tim 3:16-17
1. It teaches (commandments and guidelines)
2. It scolds him (error detection)
3. It fixes (change / repentance)
4. It educates justice (stability through practice)
5. It will equip you for every good work (used by God in this world)
C. It is sufficient 2Pe 1:3-4
1. It is shame for those who do not hear (Jer. 6:10)
2. Scripture twisting brings destruction (2 Peter 3:16)
3. It is foolishness to those who are perishing (1 Cor 1:18)
4. Always effective in fulfilling the purposes of God (Isaiah 55:11)
D. Must be obeyed and not just heard Matthew 7:24-27
1. You must be a doer and not a hearer only (James 1.22-24)
2. You’re blessed when you practice the Word of God (James 1:25).
By/From Hope Baptist Church, Salvador, Bahia